At HELLAS GROUP we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by HELLAS GROUP in the course of transacting business with an individual.
The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding HELLAS GROUP corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other HELLAS GROUP policies and practices and through contractual arrangements.
HOW YOU MAY PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. By making a reservation or by using HELLAS GROUP services.
2. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
3. By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our website, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
2. To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
3. To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
4. To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
5. To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of HELLAS GROUP, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with HELLAS GROUP for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information may be shared with other Hellas Group companies so that they may better provide services to you.
4. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
5. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by HELLAS GROUP to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
6. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by HELLAS GROUP to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
7. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of HELLAS GROUP it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by HELLAS GROUP to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. HELLAS GROUP will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. HELLAS GROUP will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
3. HELLAS GROUP will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
4. HELLAS GROUP will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. HELLAS GROUP will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
HELLAS GROUP DPO
Valantis Hatzigiannatsoglou at email@example.com