24 ΜΑΙ '21
Hellas House Celebrates 3rd Anniversary; Unveils “6+365” Year-Round CIIE Trading Hub Designation
Hellas House, a landmark Greek culture and lifestyle center in Shanghai, celebrated its 3rd anniversary, and unveiled its designation as an official year-round ”6+365” China International Import Expo Trading Service Platform. Attending the gala event in Hellas House’s Eros Garden were senior Changning District government officials, Greece’s Consul-General in Shanghai, other members of the international diplomatic community, leading International and domestic CEOs, VIP clients, and strategic partners and friends of Hellas House and the Hellas Group.
The event, which featured speeches by Hellas House and Hellas Group founder & CEO Pavlos Kontomichalos, Hellas Group President Sophia Kontomichalos, and Greek Consul-General Vasileios Koniakos, also included musical performances, singing and poetry recitals in Greek by Chinese staff of Hellas House and Shanghai International Studies University (SISU) students, and an art exhibit highlighting similarities between Ancient Chinese Oracle Bone Script and Ancient Greek Linear B characters.
In addition to the unveiling of its “3+365” CIIE designation plaque, the event showcased Hellas House and the Hellas Group of companies’ collective goal to promulgate a healthy and happy lifestyle that adheres to four key elements first proposed by Hippocrates, the father of western medicine: Mind, Body, Environment, and Nutrition. Embodying these elements were experiential display stations of quintessentially Greek core products and services offered by the Hellas Group’s companies, encapsulated by the acronym “EBIT”: E (Eat) – food, olive oil, wines – B (Beautify) – natural skin care products – I (Improve) ideals, culture, philosophy, history, mythology, cross-cultural sporting activities -, and T (Travel) – tourism and hospitality with a purpose. The event featured brands and products of the Hellas Group, comprised of Hellas House, MyOdyssey Travel, EroSantorini and Eros Cyprus, Agave, Elaion, Tselepos Winery, Amphora, Korres, Milos Restaurant, H Kitchen, and HOW.
Prior to the unveiling of Hellas House’s prestigious “3+365” CIIE designation plaque, speeches were given by Hellas House and Hellas Group founder & CEO Pavlos Kontomichalos and President Sophia Kontomichalos, who expressed their gratitude to Greek and Chinese government officials, strategic and business partners, VIP clients, friends of numerous nationalities, whose support and belief in the vision and values of Hellas House and the Hellas Group since their inception have been crucial to the success of this three-year journey.
Also addressing the assembled guests was Greek Consul-General Vasileios Koniakos, who praised Hellas House for its impressive contributions to furthering and deepening friendship, understanding, and mutually beneficial cultural and economic ties between Greece and China, and the world, poignantly stating that, despite the burdens of the pandemic, his homesickness has been mitigated by the comforts of home provided by Hellas House, its founders and friends, and its embodiment of all that Greece represents.
Their statements were followed by the ceremonious unveiling by Mr. and Mrs. Kontomichalos, Standing Committee Member Yang Yuanfei, and Greek Consul-General in Shanghai Vasileios Koniakos, with Changning District Commercial Committee Director Chen Ying and Changning District Foreign Affairs Office Director Chen Feng looking on, of Hellas House’s “3+365” CIIE Trading Service Platform designation plaque, officially establishing Hellas House as a year-round flagship exhibition hall for Greek products and services, and its role as a vital cross-cultural bridge for Greek and European companies seeking to establish a presence in Changning District and China, and for Chinese companies to enter the Greek and European markets.
Since first opening its doors on May 15, 2018, marking its and the Hellas Group of companies’ official entry into the Chinese market, Hellas House has served as a vital hub and driver for important Greece-China political, economic and cultural activities, events, initiatives, and strategic partnerships.
To date, Hellas House and the Hellas Group’s many highlights include:
- receptions during visits by Greece’s Prime Minister, Foreign Minister, and Minister of Tourism
- promotional investment conferences
- high-level business and business school forums
- concurrent “365 Days of Greek Destinations” and China-Western Cultural Week events
- establishment of “friendship cities” link between Changning District and the Greek island of Santorini
- strategic partnership with Juneyao Airlines to establish direct Shanghai-Santorini flights
- “Confucius and Socrates” exhibition series showcasing cross-cultural wisdom and painting
- facilitating “Qi Baishi” painting and photography exhibits in Athens
- establishment of a Global Leaders’ Club to receive over 1,000 dignitaries and enterprise representatives to promote global economic and trade cooperation
- visit by Greek Marathon Committee Chairman and five Greek Olympic athletes for launch of women’s half-marathon in Changning District
- visit by Changning District Sports Bureau representatives to Greece
- Creation of “H & T” JV between Hellas House and TMTPost, a prominent Chinese media and technology platform, to further broaden reach and influence among Chinese consumers
- Greek and international jewelry exhibits
- official recognition as a “fashion landmark” for hosting numerous high-profile fashion and other brand events and launches by such companies as Chanel, Givenchy, Sisley, Natural Beauty, Porsche, Maserati, Mini Cooper, and Nike
- hosting and catering of numerous high-end private corporate meetings, banquets, weddings, parties, film & TV filmings, and KOL events
- ongoing series of “Elaion Open Kitchen” healthy Greek cuisine cooking classes featuring premium Greek products such as olive oil and honey available through Hellas Group subsidiary H.O.W. (Honey, Olive Oil, Wine)
- numerous high-end gastronomic Greek food/wine pairing events led by Fongyi Walker, China’s first Master of Wine
- strategic partnership with Zrou to provide plant-based alternatives to popular Greek dishes
Hellas House’s new official designation as a year-round “6+365” China International Import Expo exhibition hub and venue is but the latest example of the success of both Hellas House and the Hellas Group in continuing to identify, create, promote and strengthen the important cultural, trade, and economic synergies and opportunities between China, Greece, and Europe. Χρόνια πολλά!